Thanks to almost 550 volunteers, 63 community groups and the generous sponsorship of Canadian Tire  and the Ontario Ministry of the Environment , One Change was able to reach more than 150,000 people about the importance of maintaining proper tire pressure and other ways to improve fuel efficiency. As part of this fuel efficiency campaign One Change engaged in conversations with 150,000 individuals and provided them with a free digital tire gauges along with Canadian Tire money-saving coupons to residents in 86 communities across Ontario.
With 150,000 people checking and maintaining correct tire pressure that could mean big savings for Ontario including:
- Over $8.5 million saved
- A reduction in emissions of up to 21,000 tonnes of CO2 which is equivalent to taking 3766 cars off the road, and
- Possible reduction in preventable traffic accidents.
In addition to knocking on doors across the province, our teams hosted close to 100 free, family-friendly, hands-on fuel efficiency clinics at Canadian Tire stores, 110 community events and over 50 street blitzes to reach people with the One Change ‘simple actions matter’ message.
The Ontario fuel efficiency campaign received some great media coverage. In its 10 weeks the campaign was mentioned in over 140 media pieces helping us spread One Change’s positive message of simple actions and fuel efficiency.
- To view some of the news clippings from the campaign please visit our In the News  section.
- You can see photos of the campaign on our Flickr page .
- Read more stories about the Ontario campaign and our standout volunteers by visiting the fuel efficiency blog .
- Check out the fuel efficiency campaign in action in your community by visiting your local community page .
Thank you to all of our wonderful volunteers!